Friday, May 22, 2009

TEMBLOR!!!!!!!!

I am reading The Host by Stephanie Meyer. Although it's ridiculously long, I refused to read another in the Twilight Series and I wasn't in the mood to try and stomach Shakespeare.
I pulled it out to read in Psychology class today when we were discussing the effects of drugs on learning(plus, it's really catching my attention) and as I turned the page the words began shaking. I tried to get my eyes to focus, but then all of a sudden I started getting lightheaded as well. It felt a little like the motion sickness I get in elevators and the car sickness I get when I am driving with my grandparents.
I looked up at Karina, who was sitting across from me, and she was apparently feeling the same thing. Her eyes got wide and she screamed "TEMBLOR!"
As I looked around I saw the room start swaying back and forth and the ground shook beneath my feet. It took me a while to realized what was happening. Even in the small earthquakes I have been in before, I had never actually felt one.
Once I got regained my senses, I realized that the majority of my class had already run out the door. I followed like a Zombie, afraid I would fall down if I stood up.
As soon as we were all outside, the motion sickness subsided a little bit, but I did put my head between my knees "in jest." It really wasn't that bad, but it's the first I've ever felt and was sure a shocker.
I figured it was worthy of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment