Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Balance

I really didn't think it would ever happen. I only have five months here, and I have myself pretty well established here as the gringa who doesn't want a novio.

But, it happened. I went on my first Mexican date.

Every Saturday (or is this case Friday when we don't have classes) they show a movie in the Salon de Musica, and it basically becomes the place to go for couples or potential couples. And Arturo invited me to go with him. No, not the pouty, desperate Arturo. The good Arturo (who I just found out is the nephew of my Ecology teacher ...:\).

After the movie he played me romantic serenades on the piano and then we walked around the campus and played on the playground. It was pretty fun. And boring. But it's the dating life of an interno, I guess. Atleast now I can say that I at least went on one date during my five months in Mexico. (Wow, Almost five months with only one date, I don't think that's EVER happened. Haha).

It has surprised me though how God has given such a wide range of experiences here. From mini mission, to directing choirs, to singing solos, to taking Mexican law, to doing excessive chores, to teaching Family Home Evening, to Influenza Scares, Everything has been for my good. Even awkward Mexican dates. :)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow haha. Well I remember this and I'm sorry.. Went something stupid and fool to my part. But I think so that went a beautiful experience boys in our past and personally in my heart memories. I´m sorry again Rachel.. haha do not want you mad at me. Forget it please.. :)

    ReplyDelete