Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Traditions

--Balloons. Balloons, Balloons, Balloons. I think that they must consider balloons the most romantic thing in the world. And this little anime type cow and the tazmanian devil are the most popular images. Kiss Me Now.
--Posters on the Houses and Classrooms. They do this for birthdays too. The process is to cut out as many cute letters and stars and hearts as you can and somehow laminate them.
--Only give to one person. If you give to too many people, you are either a loner who is trying to make friends or you are a player. (I made this mistake.)
--Households of Boys come and bring their five guitars and serenade you at 7:30 in the Morning. I actually enjoyed that one, besides the fact that I smelled like Morning Breath.
--Actually Hug. Valentines Day is the only occassion where people actually hug to greet each other. Every other day is the kiss on the cheek thing. It caught me by surprise when someone went to hug me. (Side Note: I have definitely learned to appreciate hugs now that I don't get them. ever. :)
--Mexicans are Gifts People. If you really put your time into doing something, even if it's like a little slip of paper that says "Te Quiero," it means the world.

<3333

2 comments:

  1. Gift people... thank goodness. A culture that understands us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm talking to you. I've never been happier. :]]]

    ReplyDelete