Thursday, February 5, 2009

21...How about 17?

I am SO excited. When I came to Benemérito, I was told that it was a missionary oriented school, but I had no idea how missionary oriented. Apparently for one week of the school year, they give older students the opportunity to spend one week living like a missionary.

My seminary teacher mentioned it yesterday to the class and I didn't really understand what he was talking about. He was speaking only to the guys so I didn't really pay much attention. Then when he started asking for volunteers and only a few people raised their hands I started asking questions. I thought that was SO awesome that they gave boys that opportunity. Then I asked Viri if we could do it to. So when he asked again, my hand shot in the air. Some of the boys around me gave me odd looks, but then after I signed my name on the paper confirming that I would do it the other boys started standing up and signing their names too :).

As I enquired more about it, I found out that you live for one week (in April--so I'll have my Spanish down), somewhere in Mexico, you have a companion and you live the missionary life. I don't know much more, but I've never been more excited. Now if I get married before I turn 21, I'll still have served a mission :). Plus, this will probably do for Mr. Fisher, in place of the Senior Project. I am certainly "getting my hands dirty," but if I'm serving the Lord while doing it, what could be better.

P.S. Very off topic, but I recieved my first gift from a mexican admirer: A Rubik´s cube.

3 comments:

  1. I am pretty excited for you! You will love serving a mini mission... so, you any good at the rubik's cube yet? How funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome. You are so brave and so incredible. Thank you for doing such a good job telling us what you are up to with this blog. I'd love to know more about this admirer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!!! That's so cool!!! And I'm only a LITTLE jealous!!! (about most of what you get to do!!!) You are way cool...did you know that? hahaha...I totally adore you!!!
    ~Manda

    ReplyDelete