Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"I like your face"





Eric has always warned me about making my faces. Especially my dangerously creepy ones, because according to him I have a tendency to make those kind of faces at boys. I don't know what he's thinking. Making wierdly flirtatious faces at members of the opposite sex is nothing like me. Especially when I am struggling to speak in a foreign language and have to communicate somehow. My face holds no character or expressiveness.

Anyways, besides that rant...

Today I had another Choir Concert. We have been performing non-stop for the Anniversary of Benemérito. (Yes, Mexicans KNOW how to celebrate). We have sung the same songs so many times that today I decided to spice it up a bit. I've always been expressive when I sing, but I've tried to be more careful about that here 1) because I don't know the words and can't say them fast enough so I don't need to attract any attention to myself 2) because I don't know what the words mean so I don't want to express the wrong emotion and 3) because I'm already the white, gringa and attract plenty of attention.

So today, Sixth semester kids came and so I saw some of my friends. They screamed my name and "Macoy" :) all things that made me giggle anyways, but then, for some bizarre reason that comes from the fact that I am me....I started making faces. By the end of the concert I had EVERYONE's eyes on me. Not an exaggeration. They were laughing so loud and I just laughed with them. I've now solidified the fact that I am a little bit crazy. I guess they had to figure out some time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm visitor number 711, I thought that was kinda cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel Jean, my beauty queen.
    Your silly faces, fill my empty spaces...
    I sure miss them around here, but skies will soon be clear, indicating that summer is near.

    For the time being, live up this amazing thing.
    You are truly the greatest, and oh so pretty! Continue embracing GREAT MEXICO CITY!!! <3

    all my looveee.

    ReplyDelete