Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Never-ending Smile



Today we had to take pictures for the yearbook and for graduation. One of the pictures was for the government or something (I’ll admit I didn’t completely understand) for our graduation. The secretary of state has to approve us or something and they need our picture. ObV.

This picture was more or less a mug shot. We had to have all our hair completely pulled back, tight, with gel and such (i didn't dare use it) and we could not smile. Not even a little.

Anyone who knows me, knows it is very difficult for me not to pull faces in a photo. Whether it is smiling or pulling an obnoxious face, I just can't be serious. No. Not at all.

The photographer for our school has a secret crush on me, which I'll admit is a little bit creepy seeing as he is a ridiculously overweight, married, old man (I'm not exagerrating on his size by the way, Gramma can testify), and so he always has the tendency to take more pictures of me than necessary for any human being. But today he was very serious and was only going to take one.

I counted. We took 12. Either someone was making me laugh, or my mouth was turned up a little too much or I was TOO serious. Then all the kids tried to solve my problem and they realized what it was. My eyebrows. Of course. They were either raised too high, or turned too low, or looking confused. I swear the final picture is going to look like I'm drugged. But really, my eyebrows?

No comments:

Post a Comment