Monday, January 26, 2009

8:15 Aerobics


This week we started a different schedule for classes. Someone had mentioned something about physical activity, but I thought that was maybe P.E. for the students who had that class as a requirement. After first period, Filosofía, I picked up my bag and waited for Ale so we could go to our next class. The teacher closed the door and everyone stood up. Honestly, I was a little frightened. I have been harrassed a bit since I've been here and who knows what they do to Americans. Maestra Ramos Ramirez turned on the television set and next thing I knew, I was watching a homemade Aerobics video. I started laughing so hard and then looked around and Ale had already started doing the exercises. So I followed her lead feeling like a fool. This lasted for 55 minutes. I felt so very refreshed after walking and jumping and stretching in my gray skirt and polo shirt.

**This is a photo my Grandma took of me in front of my house**

5 comments:

  1. I wish i got to do aerobics. and how was it jumping up and down in a skirt? with boys around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to laugh! and laughing I am - you write so well and I do get a picture in my mind of jumping jacks!!. Miss you gm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been right by your side having a laughing fit. That's just about the greatest thing I've heard...Ever. Home-made aerobics video-- That's it, friend, We must create one this summer! :D HAHA
    If not, I'm still counting on rollerblading around Allied Gardens Park when we're tender old women. <3

    -All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute! I love the picture of you and what a funny story! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha oh my. i wish we could do that in choir instead of "streches." .. That's amazing, rachel. :)

    -stacy mOOOOOn

    ReplyDelete