Friday, April 9, 2010

One Day Without Shoes



What an incredible experience!

It was really fun to see the surprised looks on the faces of everyone else on campus staring at my barefeet. There may have been a total of 10 people on campus who took part in the movement, but I'm grateful that I did.


This little girl was the inspiration for my taking part in it. Coco and I decided to make shirts that helped describe our actions. She was on the front and on the back was the well-known Gandhi quote: "Be the change you want to see in the world."

My feet were pretty sore by the end of the day and pretty dirty too. I can't imagine going every single day barefoot. It's funny how easily we take little things like shoes for granted.

Today's challenge: Donate a pair of shoes, a shirt, jeans that you don't wear very often, whatever it is to a D.I. or a Salvation Army.
We really have SO very much and there are millions of people out there who would die to have what we do. And who may die without it.

1 comment:

  1. How cute! You are always where you are supposed to be, - and taking part in "opportunities"...I am happy when I see you have blogged. Have a good Sunday. gm

    ReplyDelete