Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Soul Searching

I just want to make right choices.

One of the lessons learned in Mexico:
It is just a good feeling knowing that you are doing what is right. Yeah, some days were harder than others. Sometimes I felt like I was never coming home.
In those moments I would just close my eyes and offer a silent prayer and such an overwhelming feeling of peace would come over me.

Sometimes in life we look for pleasure or for fun. But we forget to look for peace. Joy comes from peace. True happiness comes from peace. Sometimes we are so focused on "the moment," "living in the now" that we don't realize how much harm we are doing to our souls. The soul is something to be careful with. We only have one.

Doctrine teaches that the soul is made up of the spirit and the body. When we do anything to our body, it also affects our spirit.
I transported my body all the way to Mexico. In making the decision to go there I prayed and fasted diligently, looking for an answer, for an action. The prompting I received was "It is not meet that I should command in all things." I made my decision. It was right for Me, and it was worth it.

There is such a great peace that comes from doing God's will. I've been looking for that peace. But I think the prompting is about the same. To finish the verse "...For he that is compelled in all things, the same is a slothful and not a wise servant" (D&C 58:26)
I want to be the Lord's servant and to dedicate my life to Him. In a few days I get to start over, just like Mexico. I pray that I will right any wrongs I have committed. I pray that I will improve myself daily. I pray that I will find P.E.A.C.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment