Saturday, August 1, 2009

Moonlight

Sometimes your heart just needs to cry.  Your eyes well up until they spill, teardrops gliding gently down your cheeks.
You're not sad.  Just being.

You can not "be" without "being."

You are real.  You break.  You wish.  You dream.  You hurt.  You want.  You act.  You wonder.  You doubt.  You long.  You question.  You trust.  You are.

You are.

Tell me that you have never looked at the sky above and stopped breathing.
Tell me that you have never asked God, as your father, if he really exists.
Tell me that you have never dreamed of romance, of finding that one true love.
Tell me that you have never doubted what you already know to be true.
Tell me that you have never slipped up or made a mistake.
Tell me that you have never wanted to rewind, felt that pang of regret.
Tell me that you have never longed for something, knowing that it's not good for you.
Tell me that you have never wished selfishly.
Tell me that you have never examined your brain, looking for you.
Tell me that you have never listened to your thoughts as they race through your mind.
Tell me that you have never desired to stop.

To just stop for one moment.

To Breathe. 
To Feel.

To Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment